I’m available for Pilates, Yoga and Meditation sessions in the Greater Sacramento Area for both corporate and private clients. Whether you need a Pilates Instructor, Yoga Instructor or Meditation Teacher for a special event or on a regular basis, I can work with you to fulfill your goals.
As a Certified Peak Pilates Instructor, I am able to teach Level 1 and Level 2 Pilates on the Mat, Reformer, Cadillac/Trapeze, Chair and Barrel. I am classically trained, which means I have learned the “order” of exercises prescribed by Joseph Pilates. However, I also teach in the contemporary style which incorporates a variety of exercises, which is what is mostly taught in Pilates Studios.
Classical Mat Pilates
- A traditional sequence of exercises compiled by Joseph Pilates. Clients supply their own exercise mat. The “extra-thick” mat is recommended.
Private Reformer Pilates
- For clients who have their own apparatus, I can teach both Classical and Contemporary styles on the Pilates Reformer.
These are the different styles of yoga I can teach. More than one type of yoga can be combined in the same session, for example Ashtanga then Yin. If you are interested in private yoga lessons, I can tailor our session to your individual wants and needs (for example, if you would like to work on arm balances).
- Traditional yoga, sequence of poses held for 5+ breaths
- Gentle yoga, great for beginners
- Stretching, passive with the use of props (restorative) or active (yin)
- Fast paced flow, linking breath to movement
- Seated meditation, focus is on the natural breath. Length of time can be a few minutes (especially for students new to meditation) up to a full hour or any amount in between.
- Guided meditation, also sometimes known as the “yoga of sleep” as you are laying on your back in a comfortable position. In a group setting, I lead students into the basics of yoga nidra (body scan, breath, visualization). The more advanced yoga nidra, going into a deeper state of consciousness, is reserved for one-on-one sessions. Yoga Nidra can be from 10-15 minutes up to one hour.
I offer Pilates, Yoga and Meditation for large groups, small groups and private sessions. My service area for weekly clients is Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Loomis, Folsom, El Dorado Hills in the Greater Sacramento Area. However, I will travel to other locations or destinations for special events such as corporate retreats, hosted events at a winery, a Puppy Pilates fundraiser, Yoga in the Park or Meditation on the Beach.